Happy Halloween! I can’t believe it’s already here. Since Halloween is all about sweets and spooky things, I thought I’d share with you a tasty monster I recently tried to defeat.
Beaches & Cream is located at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. The theme of this restaurant is a nostalgic 1950′s soda shop. It’s a small and quaint restaurant with a handful of servers that are happy to have you there. Beaches & Cream serves all American food including hamburgers and fries. However, most people come here for one reason and one reason only. Dessert. This shop serves handcrafted milkshakes, ice cream, floats and the famous ‘Kitchen Sink’. The Kitchen Sink is a ice cream and candy lovers dream.
When you are served this ridiculously large ‘sink’ of ice cream every eye will be on you. The room will dim and there are spinning lights that go off each time someone orders this item. You’ll be the star of the show!
This amazing creation consists of (as seen on Disney Parks Blog):
- ½ cup fudge topping, warmed
- ½ cup butterscotch topping, warmed
- ½ cup peanut butter topping, warmed
- 1 medium banana, sliced in 1/2 –inch slices
- 1 cinnamon spice cupcake (2 ½ x 1 ¼-inch), quartered
- 1 angel food cupcake (3 x 1 ½-inch), quartered
- 2 4-oz. scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops chocolate ice cream
- 2 4-oz. scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 4-oz. scoop coffee ice cream
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup marshmallow crème
- ¼ cup strawberry topping
- ¼ cup pineapple topping
- 1 14-oz can dairy whipped topping
- 1 brownie (6-inch x 6-inch), quartered
- 1 regular-sized (2 ounce) candy bar, quartered
- 4 chocolate cookies with cream filling
- 1 tablespoon sliced toasted almonds
- 1 tablespoon dark and white chocolate shavings
- 1 tablespoon chocolate cookies with cream filling, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped jellied orange slices (approximately 2 large slices)
- 1 tablespoon milk chocolate chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter chip morsels
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- 1 tablespoon rainbow sprinkles
- ½ cup drained maraschino cherries
My sister, her friend Alli and I tried to defeat this monster on our own. Unfortunately we left about half the sink full. They recommend four to five people in your group to ensure that you finish this — and three tiny girls thought they could finish so much ice cream and cake! I definitely agree that you need at least four people to finish this. In all honesty, this treat was good but a little too rich for me. I really liked the ice cream and the peanut butter topping. I really did not care for the cupcakes and brownies, and felt they were a bit dry.
The Kitchen Sink I feel is something families should try while on vacation. So, if you’re looking for a tasty treat, I totally recommend dropping by this super friendly and fun soda shop for a wickedly scary and intimidating dessert. Happy Halloween!
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Epcot Resorts Blvd
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830